[Pharo-project] Best way for FFI in Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Jan 8 13:37:14 CET 2012

Hi Udo

indeed this is a bit the mess :).
As soon as athens1.0 is out (planned for the end of the month). We will ask igor to clean the system. Our idea
is to provide one API where we can plug the two infrastructures
	NativeBoost (we are writing a documentation too but I should pair write with igor so it goes slowly :(
	With nativeBoost you can simply invoke C functions. For example the cairo binding is a good example to show how it 		works. The chapter is on the pharobooks inria gforge svn, I can send it to you if you want.

	FFI (when esteban arrives I would like to write the other chapter) and makes sure that FFI works also like a charm
	on all the platforms.

Stef