[Pharo-project] New IDE alternative (was Misc. newbie questions)

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Jan 12 12:37:16 CET 2012

> I am all for people trying/prototyping new stuff, new ideas; that's one of the strong points of Smalltalk.
>
> However, I think/feel that for most Smalltalk developers, the combination of Language+Libraries+IDE in its current state is way better than anything else out there, why else would we keep using it, why else would we choose it above other environments ?
>
> In that perspective, I am a bit wary about people who want to change it all to make it so much better, especially if they are not experienced Smalltalkers.

People should show and we will decide :)

> BTW, what is the current state of Nautilus ?

Benjamin is waiting for me to work on RPackage :(
Else it is working well. Now he started to implement all the widgets necessary to support refactoring
and since he started to get bored to redo all the time the same we started to explore reuse.

Skip the beginning of this document and have a look at how we can reuse UI elements.
This is on my todo since mid december to read it calmly.