[Pharo-project] Finding all places where a class is instantiated?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:46:58 CET 2012

Depends on how you use your classes.

If you have have a finite set of constructor methods you can use
'Refactor > Search code...' with something like this:

RBParseTreeSearcher new
	matches: 'PluggableButtonMorph on: `@.arg1' do: [ :node :answer | node ];
	matches: 'PluggableButtonMorph on: `@.arg1 getState: `@.arg2 action:
`@.arg3' do: [ :node :answer | node ];
	yourself

Of course, if you put all your constructor methods into a distinct
protocol, you could automate the creation of the searcher.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch