[Pharo-project] Speeding up Finder string search

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Tue Jan 17 19:37:22 CET 2012

Hi Mariano:

On 17 Jan 2012, at 18:20, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Yes, that was pretty much the same idea I got when I tried it.

After walking home, the reason for the hang became clear. Recompile is obviously using getSource.

After fixing that, I get these numbers:

#(102851 10781 10798 9511 10335 9883)
Not really impressive.

I did not immediately see how to avoid the compression.
Is there somewhere an encoding for plain text, or do I have to add that?

The image size goes currently up by ca. 50%, from 22MB to 31MB.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr