[Pharo-project] about push up IV

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:44:30 CET 2012

>> On 18 January 2012 21:15, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>>> Ok I see I should select the variable
>>> but if I select the class I do not need to see superclass variables because I should not been able to
>>> push them.
>>
>> I find it convenient to be able to push up any variable in the
>> hierarchy from any subclass ... So this is intentional.
>
> Ok I see so this is push from your place to superclass.

No, it always pushes up to the superclass of where the class is defined in.

> What I got is that doing a pull and after the inverse the class var was lost.
> I did not try to reproduce it but I added at end.

Pull down is not the inverse of push up, because it only adds it to
the subclasses where the variable is actually needed.

>>> BTW I thought about one cool refactoring this is push as subclassResponsibility :).
>>
>> Refactor class > Realize
>
> I would call it abstractize because in general I have the concrete method. and Realize does not says that.

Not sure if such a word exists at all? Also the refactoring does the
opposite: it makes an abstract class real, that is it implements all
the abstract methods of the superclasses (see the explanation in the
tooltip help).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli