[Pharo-project] Fwd: [squeak-dev] ANN: OpenGL + NativeBoost + Mac ==> success

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:27:04 CET 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>
Date: 23 January 2012 01:26
Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] ANN: OpenGL + NativeBoost + Mac ==> success
To: Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>

On 22 January 2012 15:13, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2012, at 1:29 PM, Lawson English wrote:
>
>> On 1/22/12 3:07 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>> did you notice that you can save the image in the middle of the animation and it will continue on restart :)
>>

>> I didn't notice that. However, a there were several things I did notice:
>>
>> 1) you could have more than one GL Morph open at once. However, if you resized one  GL morph window, the drawing area of the other would resize.
>
> Indeed :)

yeah. it looks like i don't switching current GL context when
resizing, which affects currently active context.

>> 2) large windows tended to leave a lot of artifacts behind during movement (the video shows this towards the end).

there is two "modes" to blit on Morphic display - one is just copy
directly to Display, and another is to separate form and then draw
that form as usual.
so, these artefact is not related to OpenGL per se, but mainly to how
you make rendered results appear integrated in morphic.

>> 3) creating more than one window would sometimes evoke the debugger. Proceeding eventually would create GL morph windows but they might or might not have valid contents.
>> 4) saving occasionally caused errors, but the save continued anyway and restarting the image didn't show any problems.

everything is in your hands :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.