[Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:53:46 CET 2012

Hi,

I want to announce a little tool I made the other day (mainly because Mariano asked for it :)

Do you remember algernon, that tool who was working in pharo 1.1 and is now obsolete? I used it all the time, and I always missed the ability to open browsers without having to type the class name in a workspace, or open a browser first, then look for the class.
So, I created this:

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'Spotlight';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfSpotlight';
    load.
ConfigurationOfSpotlight loadBleedingEdge.

if you press shift+enter, you'll get a "spotlight" like morph, with a simple text input with OCompletion inside... is very simple and I think very useful. Of course it can be enhanced in a lot of ways... but let's here the community opinion first, and see if it worths to keep adding functionality.functionality.

enjoy,
Esteban

ps: this is also an example of why I hate morphic so much (bah... current dirty implementation): I had to extend two classes just to change the editor used by a textmorph.... come on!!!!