[Pharo-project] Squeaksource Mirror Q&A

Udo Schneider udo.schneider at homeaddress.de
Thu Jan 26 16:44:09 CET 2012

Hi,

I took a look at Coral some time ago. For my personal taste it had two
drawbacks which made me setup this one.
a) The origin server needs to be reachable - if it's not the edge
location can't deliver the content unless cached. This could be
addressed by using coral not against the original SS server but against
Johans mirror. That's the reason why I took the route of mirroring the
SS content to a bucket and feeding the edge servers from this mirror.
b) Speed. At least here (Munich) Coral CDN is even slower than SS directly.

BTW: Simply try this to checkout:

MRManager redirectFrom: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/' to:
'http://squeaksource.cdn.st

Comments appreciated.