[Pharo-project] Squeaksource Mirror Q&A

Johan Fabry jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl
Thu Jan 26 19:04:05 CET 2012

Udo has been conversing with me about this previously and I have had the opportunity to try it out. It is quite fast, even for us far away chileans, so it looks like a cool solution :-).

If over time this can replace the mirror I have no objections :-) In the mean time we will keep the dsal.cl/squeaksource mirror up and running as well.

On 25 Jan 2012, at 18:15, Udo Schneider wrote:

> All,
>
> building on top of Johan's work I built kind of a squeaksource CDN. This CDN mirrors squeaksource daily and should provide fast access to all packages using "nearby" edge location. Before making this public I'd like to get some feedback on it's speed and reliability - especially if you are far away (in terms of hops and bandwidth) from the real squeaksource server.
>
> So if you can spare some time please drop me a mail and I'll send you further details.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Udo

Johan Fabry
jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile