[Pharo-project] Trying to build CogVM in MacOSX 10.7 Lion

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 11:33:35 CET 2012


2012/1/29 dimitris chloupis <thekilon at yahoo.co.uk>:
> I am not accusing you or anything , I know writing documentation can be both
> hard and boring. And if I can help to make it simpler I will.
>

Sure, but sometimes adding a link or two in the right place would help...

> Back to building , followed your instruction and
>
> "
> Gofer new
>   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfVMMaker';
>   load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfVMMaker) perform: #load."
>
>
> gives me the following error
>

Ah, my incantation does not work, it's more something like this:

Gofer new
   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
   package: 'ConfigurationOfVMMaker';
   load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfVMMaker) project perform:
#latestVersion) perform: #load.

Then I have same error as you...
It seems like http://source.impara.de/freetype/Freetype-Plugin-John M
McIntosh.55.mcz is accessible though...
So here, I don't know...

Nicolas

>
>
> 29 January 2012 11:56:20 am
>
> VM: Mac OS - intel - 1072 - NBCoInterpreter
> NativeBoost-CogPlugin-IgorStasenko.8 uuid:
> f47ef546-de3d-4415-850e-6437d67bfb5c Dec 11 2011,
> StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker-oscog-EstebanLorenzano.139 uuid:
> 5aa53979-d7d8-4ca3-91fe-cfc3b4109c33 Dec 11 2011,
> https://git.gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git Commit:
> 364a7f1fab69798c1bdc9575ba15e18ea319585a Date: Sun Dec 11 15:17:52 2011
> -0300 By: Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>
> Image: Pharo1.4a [Latest update: #14284]
>
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #readStream
> Receiver: nil
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aMessage: readStream
> exception: MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "readStream" is nil
> resumeValue: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> nil
>
> MCScanner class>>scanTokens:
> Receiver: MCScanner
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aString: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> superclass: Object
> methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#next->(MCScanner>>#next "a
> CompiledMethod(84410...etc...
> format: 132
> instanceVariables: #('stream')
> organization: ('as yet unclassified' next nextArray nextString nextSymbol
> strea...etc...
> subclasses: nil
> name: #MCScanner
> classPool: nil
> sharedPools: nil
> environment: a SystemDictionary(lots of globals)
> category: #'Monticello-Chunk Format'
> traitComposition: {}
> localSelectors: nil
>
> MCMczReader>>parseMember:
> Receiver: a MCMczReader
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> fileName: 'package'
> tokens: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> stream: a ReadStream
> package: nil
> info: nil
> definitions: nil
> dependencies: nil
> zip: a ZipArchive
> infoCache: nil
>
> MCMczReader>>loadPackage
> Receiver: a MCMczReader
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> dict: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> stream: a ReadStream
> package: nil
> info: nil
> definitions: nil
> dependencies: nil
> zip: a ZipArchive
> infoCache: nil
>
> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>package
> Receiver: a MCMczReader
> Arguments and temporary variables:
>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> stream: a ReadStream
> package: nil
> info: nil
> definitions: nil
> dependencies: nil
> zip: a ZipArchive
> infoCache: nil
>
> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>basicVersion
> Receiver: a MCMczReader
> Arguments and temporary variables:
>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> stream: a ReadStream
> package: nil
> info: nil
> definitions: nil
> dependencies: nil
> zip: a ZipArchive
> infoCache: nil
>
> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>version
> Receiver: a MCMczReader
> Arguments and temporary variables:
>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> stream: a ReadStream
> package: nil
> info: nil
> definitions: nil
> dependencies: nil
> zip: a ZipArchive
> infoCache: nil
>
> [:r | r version] in
> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
> Receiver: a MCHttpRepository(http://source.impara.de/freetype)
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> r: a MCMczReader
> Receiver's instance variables:
> creationTemplate: nil
> storeDiffs: nil
> cache: nil
> allFileNames: nil
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
> user: ''
> password: ''
> readerCache: a Dictionary('Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'->a
> MCMczRead...etc...
>
> BlockClosure>>cull:
> Receiver: [:r | r version]
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> anArg: a MCMczReader
> Receiver's instance variables:
> outerContext:
> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed...etc...
> startpc: 27
> numArgs: 1
>
> MCMczReader(ProtoObject)>>ifNotNil:
> Receiver: a MCMczReader
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> ifNotNilBlock: [:r | r version]
> Receiver's instance variables:
> stream: a ReadStream
> package: nil
> info: nil
> definitions: nil
> dependencies: nil
> zip: a ZipArchive
> infoCache: nil
>
> MCHttpRepository>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
> Receiver: a MCHttpRepository(http://source.impara.de/freetype)
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aString: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'
> aBlock: [:r | r version]
> Receiver's instance variables:
> creationTemplate: nil
> storeDiffs: nil
> cache: nil
> allFileNames: nil
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
> user: ''
> password: ''
> readerCache: a Dictionary('Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'->a
> MCMczRead...etc...
>
> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
> Receiver: a MCHttpRepository(http://source.impara.de/freetype)
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aString: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'
> Receiver's instance variables:
> creationTemplate: nil
> storeDiffs: nil
> cache: nil
> allFileNames: nil
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
> user: ''
> password: ''
> readerCache: a Dictionary('Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'->a
> MCMczRead...etc...
>
> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>goferVersionFrom:
> Receiver: a MCHttpRepository(http://source.impara.de/freetype)
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aVersionReference: a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference name:
> 'Freetype-Plu...etc...
> Receiver's instance variables:
> creationTemplate: nil
> storeDiffs: nil
> cache: nil
> allFileNames: nil
> location: 'http://source.impara.de/freetype'
> user: ''
> password: ''
> readerCache: a Dictionary('Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55.mcz'->a
> MCMczRead...etc...
>
> MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference(GoferResolvedReference)>>version
> Receiver: a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference name:
> 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> Arguments and temporary variables:
>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> name: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> package: 'Freetype-Plugin'
> author: 'John M McIntosh'
> branch: ''
> versionNumber: 55
> repository: a MCHttpRepository(http://source.impara.de/freetype)
> cachedVersion: nil
>
> MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference>>version
> Receiver: a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference name:
> 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> Arguments and temporary variables:
>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> name: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> package: 'Freetype-Plugin'
> author: 'John M McIntosh'
> branch: ''
> versionNumber: 55
> repository: a MCHttpRepository(http://source.impara.de/freetype)
> cachedVersion: nil
>
> [:each | each version] in [aCollection
> do: [:each | each version].
> nearestReference version dependencies do: block.
> notDone := false] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
> Receiver: a MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(linear load : 1.3
> [ConfigurationOfVMMaker]
> load : FFI-Poo...etc...
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> each: a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference name: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M
> Mc...etc...
> Receiver's instance variables:
> spec: a MetacelloMCVersionSpecLoader
> operator: nil
> loaderPolicy: a MetacelloLoaderPolicy
> disablePackageCache: false
>
> OrderedCollection>>do:
> Receiver: an OrderedCollection(a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference
> name: 'Freetype-Plugin-John ...etc...
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aBlock: [:each | each version]
> index: 1
> Receiver's instance variables:
> array: an Array(a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference name:
> 'Freetype-Plugin...etc...
> firstIndex: 1
> lastIndex: 1
>
> [aCollection
> do: [:each | each version].
> nearestReference version dependencies do: block.
> notDone := false] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
> Receiver: a MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(linear load : 1.3
> [ConfigurationOfVMMaker]
> load : FFI-Poo...etc...
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> <<error during printing>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> spec: a MetacelloMCVersionSpecLoader
> operator: nil
> loaderPolicy: a MetacelloLoaderPolicy
> disablePackageCache: false
>
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> Receiver: [aCollection
> do: [:each | each version].
> nearestReference version dependencies do: bloc...etc...
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> exception: Error
> handlerAction: [:ex |
> retryCount := retryCount + 1.
> retryCount >= 3
> ifTrue:...etc...
> handlerActive: false
> Receiver's instance variables:
> outerContext:
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
> startpc: 226
> numArgs: 0
>
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
> Receiver: a MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(linear load : 1.3
> [ConfigurationOfVMMaker]
> load : FFI-Poo...etc...
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> <<error during printing>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> spec: a MetacelloMCVersionSpecLoader
> operator: nil
> loaderPolicy: a MetacelloLoaderPolicy
> disablePackageCache: false
>
> [| references nearestReference cachedReference externalReference
> loadedVersionInfos mcVersion |
> self flag: #cleanup.
> cachedReference := self resolvePackageSpec: packageSpec cachedGofer: self
> loaderPolicy cacheGofer.
> (cachedReference ~~ nil
> and: [packageSpec getFile ~~ nil])
> ifTrue: [cachedReference name = packageSpec file
> ifTrue: [^ self]].
> references := self retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences: packageSpec gofer:
> gofer.
> nearestReference := references last asMetacelloCachingResolvedReference.
> (cachedReference ~~ nil
> and: [cachedReference name = nearestReference name])
> ifTrue: [^ self].
> (self ignoreImage not
> and: [(loadedVersionInfos := self ancestorsFor: packageSpec) ~~ nil])
> ifTrue: [loadedVersionInfos
> do: [:info |
> info name = nearestReference name
> ifTrue: [^ self].
> nil]].
> externalReference := (references
> select: [:ref | ref name = nearestReference name]) first
> asMetacelloCachingResolvedReference.
> self repositoryMap at: externalReference name put: externalReference
> repository.
> (self
> resolveDependencies: externalReference
> nearest: nearestReference
> into: (OrderedCollection with: nearestReference))
> do: [:reference |
> | pSpec l |
> mcVersion := reference version.
> (l := (GoferVersionReference name: reference name)
> resolveAllWith: self loaderPolicy cacheGofer) isEmpty
> ifTrue: [self cacheRepository storeVersion: mcVersion.
> reference == nearestReference
> ifTrue: [pSpec := packageSpec]
> ifFalse: [pSpec := packageSpec project packageSpec.
> pSpec name: mcVersion info].
> self loadData
> addVersion: mcVersion
> versionInfo: mcVersion info
> resolvedReference: reference
> packageSpec: pSpec]].
> self loaderPolicy resetCacheGofer.
> self preLoad: packageSpec.
> (MetacelloDirective
> loadPackage: packageSpec
> externalReference: externalReference
> loader: self)
> addTo: self loadDirective.
> self postLoad: packageSpec.
> Transcript cr; show: 'Fetched -> ' , externalReference name , ' --- ' ,
> externalReference repository description , ' --- ' , nearestReference
> repository description] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpec:gofer:
> Receiver: a MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(linear load : 1.3
> [ConfigurationOfVMMaker]
> load : FFI-Poo...etc...
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> packageSpec: spec
> name: 'Freetype-Plugin';
> requires: #('VMMaker' );
> file: '...etc...
> gofer: a MetacelloGofer
> references: an Array(a GoferResolvedReference name: 'Freetype-Plugin-John M
> McI...etc...
> nearestReference: a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference name:
> 'Freetype-Plug...etc...
> cachedReference: nil
> externalReference: a MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference name:
> 'Freetype-Plu...etc...
> loadedVersionInfos: nil
> mcVersion: #(nil)
> Receiver's instance variables:
> spec: a MetacelloMCVersionSpecLoader
> operator: nil
> loaderPolicy: a MetacelloLoaderPolicy
> disablePackageCache: false
>
> [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2] in MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
> Receiver: a MetacelloPharoPlatform
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aBlock: [:barValArg |
> | barVal return newBarSize |
> barVal := barValArg.
> retur...etc...
> bar: [| references nearestReference cachedReference externalReference
> loadedVer...etc...
> Receiver's instance variables:
> bypassProgressBars: false
> bypassGoferLoadUpdateCategories: false
>
> [result := workBlock value: progress] in [[result := workBlock value:
> progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do: [:ex |
> ex extraParam isString
> ifTrue: [SystemProgressMorph uniqueInstance labelAt: progress put: ex
> extraParam].
> ex resume]] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> Receiver: ProgressInitiationException
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> progress: [:barValArg |
> | barVal return newBarSize |
> barVal := barValArg.
> ret...etc...
> result: #(nil)
> Receiver's instance variables:
> messageText: nil
> tag: nil
> signaler: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> signalContext: ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> handlerContext: nil
> outerContext: nil
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> maxVal: 2
> minVal: 0
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> progressTitle: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
>
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> Receiver: [result := workBlock value: progress]
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> exception: ProgressNotification
> handlerAction: [:ex |
> ex extraParam isString
> ifTrue: [SystemProgressMorph un...etc...
> handlerActive: true
> Receiver's instance variables:
> outerContext: [[result := workBlock value: progress]
> on: ProgressNotification...etc...
> startpc: 87
> numArgs: 0
>
> [[result := workBlock value: progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do: [:ex |
> ex extraParam isString
> ifTrue: [SystemProgressMorph uniqueInstance labelAt: progress put: ex
> extraParam].
> ex resume]] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> Receiver: ProgressInitiationException
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> progress: [:barValArg |
> | barVal return newBarSize |
> barVal := barValArg.
> ret...etc...
> result: #(nil)
> Receiver's instance variables:
> messageText: nil
> tag: nil
> signaler: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> signalContext: ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> handlerContext: nil
> outerContext: nil
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> maxVal: 2
> minVal: 0
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> progressTitle: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
>
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> Receiver: [[result := workBlock value: progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do: [:ex |
> ex extr...etc...
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aBlock: [SystemProgressMorph close: progress]
> complete: nil
> returnValue: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> outerContext: ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> startpc: 81
> numArgs: 0
>
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> Receiver: ProgressInitiationException
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> progress: [:barValArg |
> | barVal return newBarSize |
> barVal := barValArg.
> ret...etc...
> result: #(nil)
> Receiver's instance variables:
> messageText: nil
> tag: nil
> signaler: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> signalContext: ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> handlerContext: nil
> outerContext: nil
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> maxVal: 2
> minVal: 0
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> progressTitle: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
>
> MorphicUIManager>>progressInitiationExceptionDefaultAction:
> Receiver: a MorphicUIManager
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> anException: ProgressInitiationException
> Receiver's instance variables:
> interactiveParser: nil
>
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
> Receiver: ProgressInitiationException
> Arguments and temporary variables:
>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> messageText: nil
> tag: nil
> signaler: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> signalContext: ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> handlerContext: nil
> outerContext: nil
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> maxVal: 2
> minVal: 0
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> progressTitle: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
>
> UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
> Receiver: nil
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> exception: ProgressInitiationException
> Receiver's instance variables:
> nil
>
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> Receiver: BlockClosure>>on:do:
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> exception: ProgressInitiationException
> val: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> sender: PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
> pc: 17
> stackp: 3
> method: (BlockClosure>>#on:do: "a CompiledMethod(869793792)")
> closureOrNil: nil
> receiver: [aBlock value]
>
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> Receiver: BlockClosure>>on:do:
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> exception: ProgressInitiationException
> val: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> sender: SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
> pc: 17
> stackp: 3
> method: (BlockClosure>>#on:do: "a CompiledMethod(869793792)")
> closureOrNil: nil
> receiver: [rcvr class evaluatorClass new
> evaluate: self selectionForDoitAsStr...etc...
>
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> Receiver: BlockClosure>>on:do:
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> exception: ProgressInitiationException
> val: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> sender: [[result := workBlock value: progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do:...etc...
> pc: 17
> stackp: 3
> method: (BlockClosure>>#on:do: "a CompiledMethod(869793792)")
> closureOrNil: nil
> receiver: [result := workBlock value: progress]
>
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> Receiver: BlockClosure>>on:do:
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> exception: ProgressInitiationException
> val: nil
> Receiver's instance variables:
> sender:
> MetacelloPharoPlatform(MetacelloPlatform)>>useStackCacheDuring:defaultD...etc...
> pc: 17
> stackp: 3
> method: (BlockClosure>>#on:do: "a CompiledMethod(869793792)")
> closureOrNil: nil
> receiver: [^ aBlock value: dict]
>
> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> Receiver: ProgressInitiationException
> Arguments and temporary variables:
>
> Receiver's instance variables:
> messageText: nil
> tag: nil
> signaler: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> signalContext: ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> handlerContext: nil
> outerContext: nil
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> maxVal: 2
> minVal: 0
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> progressTitle: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
>
> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
> Receiver: ProgressInitiationException
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> argString: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> argPoint: (635 at 231)
> argMinVal: 0
> argMaxVal: 2
> argWorkBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> Receiver's instance variables:
> messageText: nil
> tag: nil
> signaler: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> signalContext: ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> handlerContext: nil
> outerContext: nil
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> maxVal: 2
> minVal: 0
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> progressTitle: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
>
> ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
> Receiver: ProgressInitiationException
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aString: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> minVal: 0
> maxVal: 2
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> Receiver's instance variables:
> superclass: Exception
> methodDict: a
> MethodDictionary(#defaultAction->(ProgressInitiationException>>#d...etc...
> format: 152
> instanceVariables: #('workBlock' 'maxVal' 'minVal' 'aPoint' 'progressTitle')
> organization: ('*Morphic' defaultMorphicAction)
> ('accessing' maxVal minVal poin...etc...
> subclasses: nil
> name: #ProgressInitiationException
> classPool: nil
> sharedPools: nil
> environment: a SystemDictionary(lots of globals)
> category: #'UIManager-Support'
> traitComposition: nil
> localSelectors: nil
>
> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
> Receiver: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aPoint: (635 at 231)
> minVal: 0
> maxVal: 2
> workBlock: [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2]
> Receiver's instance variables:
> 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
>
> MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
> Receiver: a MetacelloPharoPlatform
> Arguments and temporary variables:
> aBlock: [| references nearestReference cachedReference externalReference
> loaded...etc...
> aString: 'Fetching Freetype-Plugin-John M McIntosh.55'
> Receiver's instance variables:
> bypassProgressBars: false
> bypassGoferLoadUpdateCategories: false
>
>
> --- The full stack ---
> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #readStream
> MCScanner class>>scanTokens:
> MCMczReader>>parseMember:
> MCMczReader>>loadPackage
> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>package
> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>basicVersion
> MCMczReader(MCVersionReader)>>version
> [:r | r version] in
> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
> BlockClosure>>cull:
> MCMczReader(ProtoObject)>>ifNotNil:
> MCHttpRepository>>versionReaderForFileNamed:do:
> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>loadVersionFromFileNamed:
> MCHttpRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>goferVersionFrom:
> MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference(GoferResolvedReference)>>version
> MetacelloCachingGoferResolvedReference>>version
> [:each | each version] in [aCollection
> do: [:each | each version].
> nearestReference version dependencies do: block.
> notDone := false] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
> OrderedCollection>>do:
> [aCollection
> do: [:each | each version].
> nearestReference version dependencies do: block.
> notDone := false] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>resolveDependencies:nearest:into:
> [| references nearestReference cachedReference externalReference
> loadedVersionInfos mcVersion |
> self flag: #cleanup.
> cachedReference := self resolvePackageSpec: packageSpec cachedGofer: self
> loaderPolicy cacheGofer.
> (cachedReference ~~ nil
> and: [packageSpec getFile ~~ nil])
> ifTrue: [cachedReference name = packageSpec file
> ifTrue: [^ self]].
> references := self retryingResolvePackageSpecReferences: packageSpec gofer:
> gofer.
> nearestReference := references last asMetacelloCachingResolvedReference.
> (cachedReference ~~ nil
> and: [cachedReference name = nearestReference name])
> ifTrue: [^ self].
> (self ignoreImage not
> and: [(loadedVersionInfos := self ancestorsFor: packageSpec) ~~ nil])
> ifTrue: [loadedVersionInfos
> do: [:info |
> info name = nearestReference name
> ifTrue: [^ self].
> nil]].
> externalReference := (references
> select: [:ref | ref name = nearestReference name]) first
> asMetacelloCachingResolvedReference.
> self repositoryMap at: externalReference name put: externalReference
> repository.
> (self
> resolveDependencies: externalReference
> nearest: nearestReference
> into: (OrderedCollection with: nearestReference))
> do: [:reference |
> | pSpec l |
> mcVersion := reference version.
> (l := (GoferVersionReference name: reference name)
> resolveAllWith: self loaderPolicy cacheGofer) isEmpty
> ifTrue: [self cacheRepository storeVersion: mcVersion.
> reference == nearestReference
> ifTrue: [pSpec := packageSpec]
> ifFalse: [pSpec := packageSpec project packageSpec.
> pSpec name: mcVersion info].
> self loadData
> addVersion: mcVersion
> versionInfo: mcVersion info
> resolvedReference: reference
> packageSpec: pSpec]].
> self loaderPolicy resetCacheGofer.
> self preLoad: packageSpec.
> (MetacelloDirective
> loadPackage: packageSpec
> externalReference: externalReference
> loader: self)
> addTo: self loadDirective.
> self postLoad: packageSpec.
> Transcript cr; show: 'Fetched -> ' , externalReference name , ' --- ' ,
> externalReference repository description , ' --- ' , nearestReference
> repository description] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpec:gofer:
> [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2] in MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
> [result := workBlock value: progress] in [[result := workBlock value:
> progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do: [:ex |
> ex extraParam isString
> ifTrue: [SystemProgressMorph uniqueInstance labelAt: progress put: ex
> extraParam].
> ex resume]] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> [[result := workBlock value: progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do: [:ex |
> ex extraParam isString
> ifTrue: [SystemProgressMorph uniqueInstance labelAt: progress put: ex
> extraParam].
> ex resume]] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> MorphicUIManager>>progressInitiationExceptionDefaultAction:
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
> UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
> ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
> MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
>  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpec:gofer:
> MetacelloPackageSpec>>loadUsing:gofer:
> [:pkg | pkg loadUsing: self gofer: gofer] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
> OrderedCollection>>do:
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
> [super linearLoadPackageSpecs: packageSpecs repositories: repositories] in
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> MetacelloLoaderPolicy>>pushLoadDirective:during:
> MetacelloLoaderPolicy>>pushLinearLoadDirectivesDuring:for:
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
> MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>load
> MetacelloMCVersionSpecLoader>>load
> MetacelloMCVersion>>executeLoadFromArray:
> [:dict | ^ self executeLoadFromArray: anArray] in [self versionSpec loader:
> newLoader.
> MetacelloPlatform current
> useStackCacheDuring: [:dict | ^ self executeLoadFromArray: anArray]
> defaultDictionary: Dictionary new] in [[self versionSpec loader: newLoader.
> MetacelloPlatform current
> useStackCacheDuring: [:dict | ^ self executeLoadFromArray: anArray]
> defaultDictionary: Dictionary new]
> ensure: [self versionSpec loader: originalLoader]] in
> MetacelloMCVersion>>fetchRequiredFromArray:
> [^ aBlock value: dict] in
> MetacelloPharoPlatform(MetacelloPlatform)>>useStackCacheDuring:defaultDictionary:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> MetacelloPharoPlatform(MetacelloPlatform)>>useStackCacheDuring:defaultDictionary:
> [self versionSpec loader: newLoader.
> MetacelloPlatform current
> useStackCacheDuring: [:dict | ^ self executeLoadFromArray: anArray]
> defaultDictionary: Dictionary new] in [[self versionSpec loader: newLoader.
> MetacelloPlatform current
> useStackCacheDuring: [:dict | ^ self executeLoadFromArray: anArray]
> defaultDictionary: Dictionary new]
> ensure: [self versionSpec loader: originalLoader]] in
> MetacelloMCVersion>>fetchRequiredFromArray:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> [[self versionSpec loader: newLoader.
> MetacelloPlatform current
> useStackCacheDuring: [:dict | ^ self executeLoadFromArray: anArray]
> defaultDictionary: Dictionary new]
> ensure: [self versionSpec loader: originalLoader]] in
> MetacelloMCVersion>>fetchRequiredFromArray:
> [:bar |
> bar value: 1.
> aBlock value.
> bar value: 2] in MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
> [result := workBlock value: progress] in [[result := workBlock value:
> progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do: [:ex |
> ex extraParam isString
> ifTrue: [SystemProgressMorph uniqueInstance labelAt: progress put: ex
> extraParam].
> ex resume]] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> [[result := workBlock value: progress]
> on: ProgressNotification
> do: [:ex |
> ex extraParam isString
> ifTrue: [SystemProgressMorph uniqueInstance labelAt: progress put: ex
> extraParam].
> ex resume]] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
> MorphicUIManager>>progressInitiationExceptionDefaultAction:
> ProgressInitiationException>>defaultAction
> UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
> ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
> ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
> ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
> MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
> MetacelloMCVersion>>fetchRequiredFromArray:
> [| fetchLoader |
> fetchLoader := self
> fetchRequiredFromArray: (self defaultPackageNamesToLoad: anArray).
> MetacelloPlatform current
> do: [fetchLoader doLoad]
> displaying: 'Loading ' , displayString.
> Transcript cr; show: '...finished ' , self versionNumber printString.
> ^ fetchLoader] in MetacelloMCVersion>>doLoadRequiredFromArray:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> MetacelloMCVersion>>doLoadRequiredFromArray:
> MetacelloMCVersion>>load
> ConfigurationOfVMMaker class>>load
> UndefinedObject>>DoIt
> Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:logged:
> [rcvr class evaluatorClass new
> evaluate: self selectionForDoitAsStream
> in: ctxt
> to: rcvr
> notifying: self morph
> ifFail: [self morph flash.
> ^ nil]
> logged: true] in SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
> SmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelection
> [textMorph editor evaluateSelection] in PluggableTextMorph>>doIt
> [result := editBlock value] in PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit:
> TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleEdit:
> PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit:
> PluggableTextMorph>>doIt
> Workspace(StringHolder)>>perform:orSendTo:
> [| selArgCount |
> (selArgCount := selector numArgs) = 0
> ifTrue: [target perform: selector]
> ifFalse: [selArgCount = arguments size
> ifTrue: [target perform: selector withArguments: arguments]
> ifFalse: [target
> perform: selector
> withArguments: (arguments copyWith: evt)]].
> self changed] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:
> MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
> MenuMorph>>handleFocusEvent:
> [ActiveHand := self.
> ActiveEvent := anEvent.
> result := focusHolder
> handleFocusEvent: (anEvent
> transformedBy: (focusHolder transformedFrom: self))] in
> HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
> [aBlock value] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
> HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
> HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
> HandMorph>>sendMouseEvent:
> HandMorph>>handleEvent:
> HandMorph>>processEvents
> [:h |
> ActiveHand := h.
> h processEvents.
> ActiveHand := nil] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
> WorldState>>handsDo:
> WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
> WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
> WorldState>>doOneSubCycleFor:
> PasteUpMorph>>doOneSubCycle
> MenuMorph>>invokeModalAt:in:allowKeyboard:
> MenuMorph>>invokeModal:
> MenuMorph>>invokeModal
> PluggableTextMorph>>yellowButtonActivity:
> TextMorphForEditView>>mouseDown:
> TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleMouseDown:
> MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
> TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>handleEvent:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> TextMorphForEditView(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> TransformMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> PluggableTextMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> SystemWindow(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
> MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
> PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
> PasteUpMorph>>processEvent:using:
> PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
> HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
> HandMorph>>sendMouseEvent:
> HandMorph>>handleEvent:
> HandMorph>>processEvents
> [:h |
> ActiveHand := h.
> h processEvents.
> ActiveHand := nil] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
> WorldState>>handsDo:
> WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
> WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
> PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
> [[World doOneCycle.
> Processor yield.
> false] whileFalse.
> nil] in MorphicUIManager>>spawnNewProcess
> [self value.
> Processor terminateActive] in BlockClosure>>newProcess
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>
> To: Pharo-project at lists.gforge.inria.fr; dimitris chloupis
> <thekilon at yahoo.co.uk>
> Sent: Sunday, 29 January 2012, 11:39
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Trying to build CogVM in MacOSX 10.7 Lion
>
> 2012/1/29 dimitris chloupis <thekilon at yahoo.co.uk>:
>> ok if you want me to install the latest I will install the latest , but
>> there is no such documentation I am aware of how to do that .
>>
>> Can you help me ?
>>
>> Currently I have NBCog , Pharo-1.4 image and the latest from " git clone
>> git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git"
>>
>> But I have no idea how to install the latest VMMaker and CMakeVMMaker
>>
>> I tried monticello giving it this adress
>>
>> MCHttpRepository
>>    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker'
>>    user: ''
>>    password: ''
>>
>
> I agree with you, we are very very bad when it come to documenting how to...
> To aggravate this situation, the ground is moving fast under our feet.
> If you open above address in a web browser, you'll see this:
>
> Effective 05-Sept-2011, the VMMaker repository is hosted at
> http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker.html and new updates will appear in
> that repository, possibly mirrored here for convenience. Please update
> your Montecello browsers accordingly.
>
> There is a Metacello invocation for loading all Pharo compatible or
> Pharo specific packages maybe something like this (I'm not totally
> sure, but Pharo gurus will correct me)
>
> Gofer new
>   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfVMMaker';
>   load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfVMMaker) perform: #load.
>
> I don't have write access to these repositories, but I wish this
> incantation were in the project description or the wiki of both pages
> http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker.html and
> http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker
>
> I also see a notice about SVN, but nothing about the git repository...
> I'm sure detailed instructions exist somewhere but a link should be
> provided from the Monticello project page.
> That's the least we should do, and not only for newbies (I often swear
> like troopers when I loose my time searching the precious
> information).
> These little obstacles are repelling many people I guess, it's like we
> should follow an initiation before we dare putting our dirty nose in
> code.
> I don't like this spirit, and I hope it's unintentional, but it's
> totally contrary to Smalltalk foundations.
>
> Nicolas
>
>>
>> Any package I click to load it gives me dependency issues and update
>> package
>> complains about a Bad
>>
>> Gateway
>>
>>
>> Yes I got the very latest of XCode and I am open to any suggestion.
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>
>> To: Pharo-project at lists.gforge.inria.fr
>> Sent: Sunday, 29 January 2012, 1:00
>> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Trying to build CogVM in MacOSX 10.7 Lion
>>
>>
>>
>> I don't know. But how do you know from his stackstrace that the problem is
>> that ?
>>
>>
>> i dont. :)
>> i replied after seeing an Esteban's message saying that your post is
>> outdated and one should use 3.9 config version.
>> and couple days before we had someone who asking why NB-enabled VM fails
>> to
>> build for him,
>> when he still using this magic
>>  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfVMMaker) project version: '1.5') load.
>>
>> while when i was released an CMakeVMMaker configs for NB , it was already
>> far beyond that version,
>> and of course won't work with 1.5.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko.
>>
>>
>
>



More information about the Pharo-project mailing list