[Pharo-project] Trying to build CogVM in MacOSX 10.7 Lion

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Sun Jan 29 22:00:14 CET 2012

On 29 Jan 2012, at 21:09, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> he... connection problems... yeah, I know a lot about them :)
>
> well... after a successful install, I *think* you should have gcc and gcc-4.2... last one is also a symlink who points to:
>
> /usr/bin/i686-apple-darwin11-gcc-4.2.1

We have seen GCC 4.2 disappearing after Lion upgrades and Xcode 4.2 installs.

And Esteban, I do not think that changing the systems default compiler just for a single program can be the recommended practice.

"sudo rm /usr/bin/gcc" is certainly only the very last resort.
It should not be advertised if there are other ways to use a supported compiler.
Camillo mentioned that setting the CC environment variables correctly worked for him.

... sudo - With great power comes great responsibility ...

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr