[Pharo-project] Trying to build CogVM in MacOSX 10.7 Lion

dimitris chloupis thekilon at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 23:17:36 CET 2012

its ok , I am not in any hurry you can take all the time in the world. Thanks for helping me to go that far. You were right downloading that file did not help. But all is ok, I already have a NBCogVm app to play around , trying both CogVM and Nativeboost. I know that there are some things that one cannot  rush, and I know Pharo  devs are not that many to solve all the problems that may arise, immediately.

So I will wait and I will also try to explore VMMaker abit more see what makes it tick. And if it all fails I can fall back to old FFI. The reason why I wanted to build CogVM is basically Nativeboost's new FFI. I wanted to use the newest and badest since my project is long term and it seems both CogVM and NB are the future for both Pharo and Squeak . But as I said the very fact that my project will take years to reach version 1 since its huge, has the positive side effect that I am not in any hurry to see this work very well.

So take your time and I will try to learn and assist any way I can. I will certainly take it slowly and enjoy the whole process ;)