[Pharo-project] Enthousiasm is the main currency among developers

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Mon Jan 30 13:17:57 CET 2012

On Jan 27, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Guido Stepken <gstepken at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I see quite a difference between "doing things right" and "doing the right things" ! :-)
>

> Agreed.  Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good and all that.  But we're talking at different levels here.  I want to hear what Marcus thinks to my reply to his post.

 I think we need to look at the result. Does this kind of "piss on everything that moves" critique leads to a system that gets better? Or does it lead to complete
standstill (because everyone fears to even suggest something). One can train a community to have a "no" reflex... this is what happend to Squeak over the years.

Another aspect is: Is it *fun*? That is, does the community has positive energy? It can happen very quickly that this is lost.

	Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de