[Pharo-project] pharo vision

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:27:43 CET 2012

I think the best option with Xtreams
(http://code.google.com/p/xtreams/ ) is to rewrite client code.
This is why the designers have chosen a set of new selectors.

If we think it's time to remove some cruft, but still have late client
adopters, we could also write a wrapper providing old Stream API in
Xtreams
Something like:

'foo' reading withStreamAPI

Then replace ReadStream/WriteStream with such factory...

Of course, replicating the whole zoo of specialized selectors of
current Stream library is not an option IMO.

Nicolas