[Pharo-project] Morpheas , bringing Morphic to Opengl (3d GUIs)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:04:23 CET 2012

On 30 January 2012 17:42, dimitris chloupis <thekilon at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> No No No .... I am not asking you to code a line for me or anyone else in
> here. I am not fishing for coders  , or want people to code for my "super
> cool" project . At least not until I can provide substantial code to back up
> my claims.

I am not proposing to help with coding your actual project,
i just providing a support for
NativeBoost and NBOpenGL, in case if you choose them to use.

> "Too ambitious" is a very polite way to put it, "pure insanity" is more like
> it : D

It is not insanity. My first small project when i joined squeak community were
GLCanvas, so i am also kind of infected with weird ideas of
implementing a novel UIs
using opengl and smalltalk.
But road is long, and needs to be walked.. and waking with party is
much easier and fun.

> I am a 32 years old coder, I have been coding for fun for 23 years now and I
> dont consider myself a very good coder. So I have a very good idea what I am
> getting myself into and I dont want to drag anyone with me. But I was
> dreaming for this all my life so one day I woke up and said "what the heck"
> even if I can make 1% of this reality I will be very happy. And if I dont,
> then I will certainly have alot of fun in the process.
>
> So exactly what you do now, is exactly what I need. Documentation,
> Documentation and you guessed it more Documentation.  So I fire up the very
> first question .
>
> Where I can find documentation for nativeboost and NBOpenGL ? I am also
> interested in the new FFI.

right now, most of it on http://code.google.com/p/nativeboost/w/list
we're also writing a book chapter about it,
https://gforge.inria.fr/scm/viewvc.php/*checkout*/PharoByExampleTwo-Eng/Alien/alien.pdf?root=pharobooks
which is work in progress.

it is more introductory-style guide.
also i started writing more like 'reference' style help, which will be
available right in the image using help system

> By the way Igor thank you for your amazing work so far with anything you
> have done. I only hope my project be able to give you back something as good
> u one of the things you have given us.

thanks for valuing my effort :) but frankly my opinion about my work
is not that high

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.