[Pharo-project] NonInteractiveUIManager

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:44:45 CET 2012

On 30 January 2012 19:49, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be> wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2012, at 17:20, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Seems so because I do not understand anything.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Jan 30, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>
>>> When making syntax errors in a startup script you get
>>>
>>>      SubclassResponsibility: a NonInteractiveUIManager had the subclass responsibility to implement #syntaxErrorNotificationDefaultAction:
>>>
>>> Would it not be a better idea to just handle and print the syntax error ?
>>>
>>> Sven
>
> I am not that sure what to do exactly either, I turned this into an issue:

> Igor ?

The main issue there is that when i implemented
NonInteractiveUIManager , i made sure that all
subclasses of UIManager supporting same protocol.
Now if people just adding methods to MorphicUIManager and using them,
without caring to properly add same protocol in parallel to others,
you getting errors like that.
Sure thing, it is easy to fix, you just implement this message in
NonInteractiveUIManager  :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.