[Pharo-project] Enthousiasm is the main currency among developers

S Krish krishnamachari.sudhakar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:44:59 CET 2012

I agree whole heartedly after a month of Pharo being used as a tool for
newbies.

a) Crashes...
b) Bugs in basic functionality: Morphic as well as in other places
c) The User Guide is not in synch with the current stable Pharo.. in simple
images of browsers..

Very very basic/ simple stuff.. but I realized more sharply that not all
are equal in comprehension and guess or accept these to dig their heel in
further and experience the joy inside.. they just balk and wonder if Pharo
is even half as good as VW/ VA.. where I believe it is just pure uncut
diamond inside.. unpolished.. but work is going on from the craftsmen..
every day.. to get there..

But I vote for the basic principle, work hard to get the very basic kernel,
a stable system that is guaranteed not to crash and work absolutely
predictably.. not throw in stuff which half works even like the debugger
stuff currently, which to a beginner is quite confusing when steps out of
line.