[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: [Smalltalk for small projects only?

Otto Behrens otto at finworks.biz
Tue Jan 31 15:59:28 CET 2012

Hi,

> You mean having the class definition in a blob of its own?
> From what I see, that's already kinda what you're doing, except you
> have the class comment in there as well…

Yes, essentially we have that. Would like to clean it up by only
having what's necessary in there.

I was wondering more if it is possible to do without having a file
system checkout of the class definition. In other words, if the class
definition in the image could serve as the working copy of the object
in the git repository. I must read more on what the other guys did
with the git interfaces (such as gitfs and gitosis) to understand what
it comes down to.

If this is possible, it would make merging, loading and committing
essentially one step.

The disadvantage could be a tight coupling with git.

Otto