Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:28:17 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Friedrich Dominicus <
frido at q-software-solutions.de> wrote:
> Another  stuff I simply do not get is package-cache. Why is it local to
> every other Pharo image? Why can't I say drop all below package-cache on
> my machine that's it. I do not know how many copies I have around here
> with the same "information". I can not see why this should make sens in
> the "standard" case....

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/startuploader-running-startup-scripts-in-pharo/
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/pharo-tips-and-tricks/

Add this to ~/.config/pharo/2.0/monticello.st

StartupLoader default executeAtomicItems: {
  StartupAction name: 'Monticello related stuff' code: [|
sharedPackageCacheDirectory |
    FileStream stdout lf; nextPutAll: 'Executing Monticello related stuff';
lf.
    sharedPackageCacheDirectory := (FileDirectory on: 'XXXXXXX PATH TO
GLOBAL CACHE XXXXXXXX')
                                          assureExistence; yourself.
    MCCacheRepository default directory: sharedPackageCacheDirectory.
    MCDirectoryRepository defaultDirectoryName: 'XXXXXXX PATH TO GLOBAL
CACHE XXXXXXXX'.
    (MCRepositoryGroup default repositories
           select: [:each | (each isKindOf: MCHttpRepository)
  and: [(each locationWithTrailingSlash
                                            includesSubString: '
www.squeaksource.com')
                                     or: [each locationWithTrailingSlash
                                            includesSubString: '
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/']]])
           do: [:each | each user: 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX'; password:
'XXXXXXXXXXXX'].
    FileStream stdout lf; nextPutAll: 'Finished'; lf].
}.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them popular
by not having them." James Iry