[Pharo-project] Release of Roassal

Alexandre Bergel alexandre.bergel at me.com
Thu May 17 14:38:07 CEST 2012

Dear Pharoer,

We are very happy to announce the release of Roassal, an agile visualization engine.

Roassal graphically renders objects using short and expressive Smalltalk expressions. A large set of interactions are offered for a better user experience. Painting, brushing, interconnecting, zooming, drag and dropping will just make you more intimate with any arbitrary object model.

Screenshot available on http://objectprofile.com/pier/Products/Roassal/Screenshots

Roassal is distributed under the MIT license and run on VisualWorks (7.4, 7.7.1, 7.9), Pharo (1.3, 1.4, 2.0) and ObjectStudio. Roassal is freely distributed, you are therefore free to use it, even in a commercial setting. We will however be glad to hear about your experience. Just send us an email if you are adopting Roassal.

Kai and Hapao, the two other products of Object Profile, are using Roassal for their rendering.

We will be extremely attentive to your experience. It is important for us that you are happy and feel comfortable with Roassal.

The Object Profile crew
(Twitter: @ObjectProfile , web: http://objectprofile.com)

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu