[Pharo-project] [ANN] Fuel Release Version 1.8
tinchodias at gmail.com
Sat May 26 07:04:08 CEST 2012
We are proud to announce Fuel 1.8 with a lot of new features and
documentation. Of course, we don't stop working but it was time to
freeze a stable version.
Fuel is an open-source general-purpose object serialization framework
developed in Pharo Smalltalk environment. More information on our
Fuel works out of the box in Pharo from 1.1 up to 2.0 (checked at
#20094). Please check our documentation  for complete installation
and use guides.
Below, there are some remarkable changes.
- Much more complete user guides.
- Improved API for customizing how graph is traced.
- FuelMetalevel: serialization of stuff like classes and compiled
methods moved to an optional package.
- Customize objects to be treated as globals.
- Migrations: declare at materialization time class and variables renames.
- Weak references properly managed. Thanks to Juan Vuletich and Levente.
- Thanks Pavel for helping us improving FuelPackageLoader with
wonderful ideas and bug reports.
- Serialization speed up on large graphs by using specialized
collections. Thanks Levente.
- Encoder and Decoder: new reifications that clarify the design.
Thanks Colin Putney.
- Optimized serialization of "clean" BlockClosures, which don't need
the whole stack of contexts. Thanks Juan Vuletich and Eliot Miranda.
- Added a clear error hierarchy.
- Debug facilities, including graph visualization using Roassal.
Thanks Alexandre and Doru.
- Many more new tests. Including those from extension packages, we
have almost 600 tests.
- Repository moved from 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Fuel' to
If you are a Fuel user we are not aware of, please let us know!
Martin and Mariano
More information about the Pharo-project