[Pharo-project] Smart Suggestion Version 1

Gisela Decuzzi giseladecuzzi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 01:17:40 CEST 2013

Hello! After some work I think that Smart Suggestions it's ready to have
some real feedback to continue growing up :)

What is it?
The idea it's to have suggestions based in the text selected or the cursor
position.
Actually there are suggestions for:
- Temporary/Instance/Class Variable
- Class
- Method (when you are in the selector)
- Source (multiple lines)
- Message

How to install it?
Gofer it
smalltalkhubUser: 'gisela'
  project: 'SmartSuggestions';
package: 'SmartSuggestions';
 load.

Some screen shots: (to activate de menu the shortcut es Ctrl + t for
windows or unix and Command + t for mac)
[image: Imágenes integradas 1]
[image: Imágenes integradas 2]
[image: Imágenes integradas 3]

How to define a new action?
It's easy to define your own action only use the pragma in your custom
method and make sure to retunr an instance of SugsSuggestion, examples
in SugsSuggestionFactory are categorized by the selection.

If you have some comments I will be very happy to heard about, I have
removed the actions form nautilus menu, because it was to much visual noise
(at least for me) if you want to add it, only uncoment the pragma in:
#SugsMenuBuilder>>addSuggestionToSourceCodeMenu:

ps: It could appear a DNU when fetching the suggestions for a class
variable the description and solution are in
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?10380#75204