[Pharo-project] [Update] Zinc-SSO OAuth 1.0 & OpenID Alpha Code & Live Demos

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Wed Jan 9 09:46:00 CET 2013

Hi,

Here is another update regarding the Zinc-SSO project.

	http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2012-December/072658.html

Jan has been porting his earlier CloudforkSSO work to Zinc-SSO so that we now have support for both OAuth1 and OpenID. Both are considerably more complex than OAuth2 that was implemented earlier. The codebase was cleaned up a bit and more test/demo code was added.

Some basic documentation and loading instructions can be found at

	https://github.com/svenvc/docs/blob/master/zinc/zinc-sso-paper.md

Basically you should be able to get all the bits (preferably in Pharo 2.0) by doing

	(ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents project version: '2.2') load: 'SSO'

This is not a subject where loading some code gives you a working demo since there is some setup to be done. Therefor we orginanized two live demos:

	http://sso.stfx.eu
	http://sso.doit.st

There is now support for Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter & Yahoo. The second demo is slight more extensive: it even allows you to do Twitter posts !

Although the code is not yet production quality, we could use some feedback from early adopters to help use shake out remaining problems.

Jan & Sven

PS: We would like to thank Andy Burnett of Knowinnovation Inc and ESUG for sponsoring this open source work.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu