[Pharo-project] [ANN] Pomodoro for Pharo 2.0

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Tue Mar 26 17:42:31 CET 2013

Hi,

I followed the recent discussion and initial code about "Pomodoro" and since (until now)
I used a timer written in Java I thought it would be a good idea to replace it
with a Smalltalk one ;)

I grabbed the HOPomodoro code from Phil and since it was marked as "experiment" I thought it would
be good to write a new clean implementation with tests for Pharo 2.0. Thanks Phil -
hope you are not angry that I hijacked the idea ...

Attached is a screenshot of the tool.

Install
=======

Go to the Config browser in Pharo 2.0 ("Tools" -> "Config Browser") and load "Pomodoro"
from the "Verified" tab. A new timer should appear and you can just click on "Start"
to run the timer.
When it finished it turns red, beeps and informs the user.

How to use
==========

You can open a new pomodoro (defaults 25 minutes) from the world menu
("Tools" -> "Pomodoro").

Customize
=========
You can customize the pomodoro using Smalltalk. Here are a few examples:

   "open a new 25 minute one"
   Pomodoro new open

   "Opens a new timer with one minute total time"
   Pomodoro timerFor: 1 minute

   "Provide an action when pomodoro is finished"
   Pomodoro timerFor: 5 seconds
            whenFinishedDo: [ self inform: 'Pomodoro finished']

Code
====
The project comes with 15 tests. Code lives on project "Pomodoro" on
SmalltalkHub. So far I added Phil and Sean as contributors since
they discussed this topic already and may provide new ideas. If one
wants to contribute feel free to do so.

Thanks
T.