[Pharo-users] Pharo By Example - VM issues

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Thu Dec 1 10:55:46 CET 2011

Hi:

On 01 Dec 2011, at 10:29, Marcus Denker wrote:

> The image used for the book is very old and does not have the cog related patches...
>
> The easiest would be to make a one-click with old vms for the book.
> Or we would need to find out (remember) exactly which patch is needed...

I guess there is something specific in the Pharo tracker, but there is also:
http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/Cog/image/NecessaryImageChangesForCogToWork.1.cs?rev=2220&view=auto

Kind of related to that: does anyone have a Squeak 3.9 image running on top of Cog?
As far as I understand, the main issue is that the image needs to use Closures instead of old style blocks. Is that correct?

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr