[Proland-info] researching Proland

William Temple whtemple1959 at gmail.com
Sam 17 Nov 21:53:41 CET 2012

Hello,

The search for a useful and adequate game terrain engine has finaly brought
me to your website and application.
I believe that your application is everything I am looking for as the base
for an educational game I am trying to develop.
At this time I am downloading the source and documentation to begin my
investigation but, I have a few questions for which I have not found any
answers on your website.

I would like the ability to have tunnels. Will I be able to include some
coding to allow me to build tunnels through the mountains?
As part of the experience I would like the children to "ride a bus" through
the country side as they explore various places through out the world. Will
I be able to code an animated sprite to travel along the roads built from
with your application?
I had looked at KDE's Marble project because it would allow me to place a
marker which in turn would open an information screen with the additional
ability to open a Wiki, to allow the traveler to learn about the particular
place. Will I be able to include such a marker?

Finally I attempted to subscribe to the mailing list but it only allowed an
option to get mail in French and unfortunately my skills in reading French
is very limited. Is there a subscription page for those of us limited to
English?

Thank you,
Bill

P.S.
Although being involved in this project maybe my French skills will improve.