[Proland-info] How to compile ORK with code::blocks?

Eric Bruneton ebruneton at free.fr
Dim 2 Mar 15:28:00 CET 2014

Le 27/02/2014 07:36, zypshe wrote:
> Hi,
>      I have been trying to build the ork project before I build proland.
>   I have successfully built ORK using the Visual C++ project file
> provided, however, I failed to make it work with code::blocks. I
> struggled to learn how to use code::blocks the first time and still
> could not figure out what was the problem. I wonder if you can give a
> install / compile guide in detail, which may help people who are not
> familiar with the IDE a lot.
>      Any help from any one will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

A code::blocks project file is also provided in the repository. See also
the INSTALL.TXT file, and in particular the following section:

"For the Code::Blocks project you need to define the following global
compiler variables:
- glut (base) : either glut32 or freeglut
- glut (cflags) : either USE_GLUT or USE_FREEGLUT
- glew : the path to the glew DLL, e.g. C:\Progra~1\glew\glew32.dll
You also need to set the "Explicitly add project's top-level directory to
compiler search dirs" options in "Global compiler settings/Other settings""

Eric