[Proland-info] Proland usage on AMD graphics card

Jones, Steve Steve.Jones at ga-asi.com
Mar 1 Sep 23:24:45 CEST 2015

Hi!
I ran across your library recently.  I knew about that other one, Outerra, but they don't have an API yet.  We use Vega Prime for some in-house flight simulators but it is licensed.  It gets worse when we want to use world-wide data as they charge even more for their terrain server.  I want a free solution to render the world, even if low resolution.  Our IR&D budget is not large for something like this.  I have been looking at as many solutions as I can.  osgEarth from OpenSceneGraph and even FlightGear, which some people already use.
One of your web pages states it may not work with graphics cards other than NVidia.  I can confirm I get shader errors when trying to start a demo on my PC that uses an AMD Radeon HD 7000.  Most of our ground stations use NVidia, though.  But the cards are Quadro 2000 and K2200.  We have some systems sporting K4200 but not many.

So I am guessing there still isn't a solution for non-NVidia graphics cards, right?

I have another question.  With some work can the modules be used by themselves, such as the ocean and/or atmosphere?  I imagine I need to provide rendering.

-Steve

Steve Jones
Software Engineer
Aircraft Systems Group
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
14200 Kirkham Way
Poway, CA 92064

Office:  (858) 312-3849
Email:    steve.jones at ga-asi.com<mailto:steve.jones at ga-asi.com>

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. This message may also contain technical data, export of which is restricted by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Disclosure to foreign persons without prior U.S. Government approval is prohibited. Violations of these export laws and regulations are subject to severe civil and criminal penalties.
This message may include Company Sensitive and/or Proprietary Information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are informed that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of the material contained herein, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.