[Simgrid-user] Dynamic Grid Simulator

Arnaud Legrand Arnaud.Legrand at imag.fr
Fri Jul 15 19:47:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

Today JI Hernandez wrote:

> After executing the function,
> tasks_done = SG_simulate(CHECKPOINT, SG_ALL_TASKS, SG_SOME);
> I try to get the next values of the tasks (remains, start, finish) at a certain
> point of time (CHECKPOINT).
> (I guess that task->remains is WORK TO DO for the task ????)

Yes. That's it.

> However, when I execute the simulator , I got a value of 0 always for such
> attributes.
> Starting task 't1' on resource 'p3' at time 0
> Task 't1' on resource 'p3' has completed at time 9
> Starting task 'e3' on resource 'l3' at time 9
> Starting task 't3' on resource 'p3' at time 9
> Starting task 'e1' on resource 'l2' at time 9
> Task 'e3' on resource 'l3' has completed at time 18
> Starting task 'e5' on resource 'l3' at time 18
> Starting task 't4' on resource 'p2' at time 18
>
> task  t->start  t->remains
>  t1    0         0
>  t2    0         0
>  t3    0       -1879048192
>  t4    0       -1879048192
>  t5    0         0
>  t6    0         0
>  t7    0         0
>  t8    0         0
>  t9    0         0
> t10    0         0

That is weird indeed but I can't help you unless you send me your code.
However, as the values you print are really weird, my first guess would be
that maybe you're not printing with the right format (i.e. you printf("%d",
a_double_value)). If this is not the case, maybe you're accessing tasks data
whereas you already have called SG_clearTask on those tasks. Have you tried
to run your code with valgrind to ensure that you were doing valid things ?

If your problem persists, then send me your code.