[Simgrid-user] (no subject)

quinson at loria.fr quinson at loria.fr
Sun Jul 29 19:20:44 CEST 2007

First of all, why did you try to recompile simgrid for windows using cygwin
instead of using the native precompiled version available from here:
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=12
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/1837/simgrid-3.2.win32.prebuilt.zip

As for the error message itself, I guess that it comes from the fact
that the configure detected that you are building on windows, but it
failed to detect that you are compiling with cygwin as POSIX emulation
layer. This may explain why you are missing some definitions which are
supposed to be in the system windows.h header.

The reality is that the configure is not really working right now. The
released prebuild version was done using visual builder, which use a
completely different build chain. We are working on fixing the GNU
build chain for use with cygwin and mingw32, but that's still underway.

As usual, any help with this would be welcome.

Bye, Mt.