[Simgrid-user] GUI tools in simgrid

Arnaud Legrand Arnaud.Legrand at imag.fr
Wed Sep 19 15:10:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

Today Ashod mike wrote:

>  Is there any GUI tools in SimGrid.

No. There used to be a paje backend
(http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/doc/faq.html#faq_visualization) but
it's been broken while moving msg and gras to simix (ie it is broken
in the CVS now). Pablo Yabo is actively working on developping a GUI
tool for SimGrid but he is currently experiencing difficulties because
our windows version of simgrid seem to still be shaky.

> ( for example: for comparing scheduling algorithms and ... )

I can't see how a gui would help you comparing scheduling algorithms.
The world "scheduling" is so vague that I think you have to develop an
ad hoc solution by yourself for the comparison.

A+