[Simgrid-user] How to interpret results ?

Arnaud Legrand arnaud.legrand at imag.fr
Mon Jul 14 15:36:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

Soumeya Leila Hernane a écrit :

> I plan to design a master/slave algorithm. My question is:
> How to interpret the results once the simulation completed?
> It seems that a trace file contains details but how find it ?

There is no particular trace file. SimGrid is meant to be generic and it
is thus very hard to produce a trace that would be helpful in any
situation (some use it for master/slave algorithm but others use it for
distributed algoritm studies, network topology discovery algorithms
studies, mixed applications studies, ...). So it's up to you to add
output to your program (e.g. using printf or the simgrid DEBUG macros)
and capture informations that are really relevant to you.