[Simgrid-user] Scalability of PlatformGenerator improved...

Arnaud Legrand arnaud.legrand at imag.fr
Thu Jul 24 13:12:14 CEST 2008

Hi Kurt,

I do not really know this piece of code but I still can give my opinion. :)

Kurt Vanmechelen wrote:

> Note that I also removed the router elements in the routes. Is this OK? The original code generated for every link :
> 	//Snippet of makeRoute...
> 	for (int i=1; i<route.size() - 1; i++) {
> 		String id = "bb_" + (String)route.get(i);
> 		r += "<link:ctn id=\"" + id + "\"/>";
> 		r += "<router id=\"router_" + id + "\"/>";
> But as far as I know, SimGrid doesn't really consider these router elements (apart from GTNeTS)?

Like you said, GTNetS needs it and some other people like to have that
kind of information even if SimGrid generally does not make use of it.
So maybe we should make it an option to this code if it really slows
down the generation or the parsing.

Cheers,

A program without a loop and a structured variable isn't worth writing.
    -- "Epigrams in Programming", by Alan J. Perlis of Yale University.