[Simgrid-user] SimGrid Query

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at loria.fr
Sun Jan 3 15:31:01 CET 2010

Le dimanche 03 janvier 2010 à 10:54 +0800, Shaikh Abdul Khalique a
écrit :
> Dear sir/Madam
> I am Ph.D student @ Monash University  Malaysia. I have gone through
> FAQ of  Simgrid Simulation. I want to use SimGrid Simulator.
>
> Could you please let me know, is this simulator is useful in grid
> resource discovery simulation?
>

> Our scenario is as follows
>

> Node 128
>
> Resources 16
>
> Uniformly distributed
>
> Small world network topology
>

> Need to find out the relationship between success probability and
> semantic similarity under different task complexity task load and
> network scale.

Sending again and again the same mail won't help.
Instead, you should detail a bit more what you are expecting from us.

Actually, SimGrid is not a simulator, but a simulation library. It is a
library allowing you to write your own programs (in C) that are
simulator for the problem you like. So, yes, SimGrid could be helpfull
for grid resource discovery simulation, but you'll have to write your
simulator yourself.

About the relationship you are looking for, I'm not sure I understood
what you mean, but I think that it's not important. We can help you on
the technical part of using SimGrid, but you are on your own about the
scientific facts that you want to observe (unless you want to add us to
the list of authors of your work ;)

Bye, Mt.

--
"i don't think so," said Rene Descartes. Just then, he vanished.