[Simgrid-user] SimDAG troubles

João Paulo P Tonelli jtonelli at ic.uff.br
Wed Jan 13 15:08:46 CET 2010

Hello,
I have developed a scheduler of DAG applications using SimDAG.
Now, I am trying to use it for scheduling an application of 280 tasks on 4
hosts, but the simulation finishes without executing all tasks.
I have checked whether all tasks were correctly scheduled, and they were (I
saw the state of each task before the "SD_simulate()" call).

I have noticed that after the simulation the tasks which were not executed
either remain in  the SD_SCHEDULED state or were in the SD_IN_FIFO state.
These tasks which remain in the SD_SCHEDULED state were not executed because
they depend indirectly on those in SD_IN_FIFO state.

I do not know what to do.
Could someone help me?

Regards,
João Paulo Pereira Tonelli.