[Simgrid-user] Problem - masterslave: free( ): invalid next size (Digest, Vol 69, Issue 10)

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at loria.fr
Fri Jan 21 23:25:03 CET 2011

----- Patrícia Batista Franco <patbfranco at yahoo.com.br> a écrit :
> Hi Cheers,
>
> I'm not using the xml tag <AS>.
> I am sending the files masteslave.c, the "escalonamento.c", plataform_test.xml, and application_test.xml for you to
>  check.
> In the masterslave.c was included the function "escalonamento" that contain my menu. The menu was created for the user to execute different
>  algorithms without having to close and reopen the program.
>  changed the masterslave.c because I verified that
> MSG_set_channel_number can then be called only once. Then, appeared the
> following error message:
>
> *** glibc detected *** ./masterslave: free( ): invalid next size (fast): 0x0807a130 ***
>
> I'm sorry, but how can I solve this problem?

Hello there,

you should read these entries of the FAQ:
http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/doc/faq.html#faq_deadlock

In short, we cannot fix your code for you, we just don't have the time for this. The error message you are displaying means that someone messed up with the pointers somewhere. Until you come up with a valgrind trace prooving that it's in the kernel, I pretend that it's you ;)

Sorry for being harsh, no offense intended. We just can't dig into your code to diagnose your issues. If the bug is on our side, we'll give our best to fix it ASAP. But you need to diagnose it yourself.

Bye, Mt.