[Simgrid-user] topology generators & Simulacrum

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at loria.fr
Mon Jul 4 23:54:23 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 08:22:07PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are working on a emulator for distributed systems, based on the ideas
> from the Wrekavoc emulator <http://wrekavoc.gforge.inria.fr/>.
>
> We would like to implement the creation of virtual platforms from files,
> in order to allow users to use classical topology generators.
>
> Of course, we will support the format of SimGrid platform files, but I
> was wondering about other, more widely used formats. Has someone already
> done some work on a {ns-3,BRITE,INET,Orbis,Rocketfuel,...} to SimGrid
> converter?

Well, I'm not aware of any such converter (beside umctools which is
close but maybe not exactly what you are looking for). It'd be quite
non-trivial to do because a platform containing only networking
information without any data on computing endpoints would be of
limited interest to our users, I guess.

But maybe I am biased? Would someone on the list actually need such a
platform with only network information?

Sorry, Mt.

--
  I grow my  / ___||   _|  / \  / _/    o EASY TO USE!

http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/doc/group__GRAS__API.html

(yeah, this whole "spam" section is a joke)