[Simgrid-user] Excessive Memory Use

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at loria.fr
Fri Jul 22 09:44:33 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:24:41PM -0300, Wagner Kolberg wrote:
> Hi
>

> > You need to free the exception when it happens. Use the xbt_ex_free (xbt_ex_t e) function.
> >

> Ok, so now valgrind shows that there are no leaks (see the log below).
> Thanks Bruno! ;) ... But the memory usage doesn't seem to come from
> this part of the code. There were still 929,928,078 bytes allocated
> for only 32 nodes.

Specific valgrind tools can also reveal usefull to debug your problem,
such as massif http://www.valgrind.org/docs/manual/ms-manual.html or
maybe DHAT http://www.valgrind.org/docs/manual/dh-manual.html that I
never tested myself.

Bye, Mt.

PS: sorry for the noise, I sent the previous mail a bit quickly

--
HARDWARE : partie de l'ordinateur qui reçoit les coups quand le software
se plante.