[Simgrid-user] Simgrid and OSX Lion

Arnaud Legrand arnaud.legrand at imag.fr
Sun Jul 24 22:24:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

  I'm not sure activating supernovae is a good idea on a new system. You
should go for the simplest possible options.

Le dimanche 24 juillet 2011 à 18:46 +0200, ENDERLIN Christophe a écrit :
> /Developer/simgrid-3.6.1/src/simix/smx_context_sysv.c:108: warning:
> ‘getcontext’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/ucontext.h:37)

This does not look good to me. Furthermore, there is a "-- Looking for
ucontext.h - not found" in the configure phase, which is thus pretty
weird given the previous warning.

Try to run your code with the following option:
'--cfg=contexts/factory:thread'. It should turn off the use of ucontext,
which may be broken on this system (although it should be detected
during the configure phase).

One man's constant is another man's variable.
   -- "Epigrams in Programming", by Alan J. Perlis of Yale University.