[Simgrid-user] Excessive Memory Use

Christophe Thiéry christopho128 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:07:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

The last git version (commit a48d223f) should fix your issues.

The trash of old processes is now cleaned during the simulation (as it
should be), by calling SIMIX_process_empty_trash() automatically after
each time step and not only at the end of the simulation. Sorry about
this bug.

For MSG_task_cancel(), we guess you have an exception because you may
have called it with a task that was not running (i.e. not started yet
or already finished). But this was a little bit restrictive, and we
have just changed this behavior. Now, MSG_task_cancel() can be called
with a non-running task and nothing happens: the function just returns
MSG_OK.

I hope it helps.
Cheers,
Christophe