[Simgrid-user] Excessive Memory Use

Christophe Thiéry christopho128 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:48:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

> So now, if I cancel a task that is not running, I won't get any
> exception. Awesome! I haven't tested this modification yet. I still
> have a question: What will happen when I finally call
> MSG_task_execute(), if the task was already canceled? Will simgrid
> simulate the task execution, or ignore it?

To be very precise, a warning message is displayed the first time your
simulation tries to cancel a task that is not running. Nothing else
happens - your call to MSG_task_cancel() is just ignored and the
function returns normally.
Because the cancel request was ignored, it is indeed possible (but not
very common ;) ) to call MSG_task_execute() later, and the task
execution will be simulated.

> It helps a lot! Thanks guys.

Your feedback is helping too.
Cheers,