[Simgrid-user] MSG_task_receive_from_host

Sorina Camarasu Pop sorina.pop at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Apr 18 13:39:19 CEST 2012

Dear all,

When trying to use MSG_task_receive_from_host (with  SimGrid 3.7), I get
the following exception: "Function MSG_mailbox_get_task_ext unimplemented".

Do you have any suggestions on this problem?

Actually I tried to use this function in order to deal with another
problem I have. My slaves receive different kinds of tasks and sometimes
they need to wait for a specific task (message) before they can continue
receiving/treating other tasks that may arrive in the meanwhile. I could
probably deal with this by creating my own buffer with the tasks arrived
in the meanwhile, but I was wondering if there aren't already some
Simgrid mechanisms allowing to do this. MSG_task_receive_from_host
seemed to be a possible solution. Are there other possibilities?

Best regards,
Sorina

--
Sorina Pop