[Simgrid-user] MSG_task_receive_from_host

Arnaud Legrand arnaud.legrand at imag.fr
Sun Apr 22 00:13:53 CEST 2012

On 20/04/2012 21:39, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 01:39:19PM +0200, Sorina Camarasu Pop wrote:
>> Actually I tried to use this function in order to deal with another
>> problem I have. My slaves receive different kinds of tasks and
>> sometimes they need to wait for a specific task (message) before
>> they can continue receiving/treating other tasks that may arrive in
>> the meanwhile. I could probably deal with this by creating my own
>> buffer with the tasks arrived in the meanwhile, but I was wondering
>> if there aren't already some Simgrid mechanisms allowing to do this.
>> MSG_task_receive_from_host seemed to be a possible solution. Are
>> there other possibilities?

You could also use different channels. One for the tasks on which you'll
have to wait for and one for the other kind of tasks, provided the
senders can make such a distinction.

Oh, I am a C programmer and I'm okay. I muck with indices and structs all
day.
And when it works, I shout hoo-ray. Oh, I am a C programmer and I'm okay