[Simgrid-user] The MSG Process entity and The Java Thread one

Adrien Lèbre adrien.lebre at inria.fr
Fri Apr 27 16:21:05 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm wondering how SimGrid (i.e. more precisely simgrid-java)  handles the Java Thread entity.
IOW, What is the behavior of SG  when a SG Process instantiates and launches one, two, ...  java Threads (i.e. calling the start method).
What happens if I call waitFor() from my SG Process, does it suspend all internal Threads linked to that  SG Process ? I'm bit lost...

Going through the ML, I saw that you can create other Processes from another one (cf.
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/simgrid-user/2011-October/002622.html ).
What is the normal way to handle such a case : Can I use Threads directly in one of my SG Process or  Should I create all internal threads as other SG Processes ?

Thanks in advance

Best,
Adrien
--