[Simgrid-user] Simulate a Centralized Broker

Patrick K. maillists at kfpc.de
Fri Jan 27 14:00:56 CET 2012

Hello Jean-Noel,

thanks for your answer.

On 2012-01-27 11:33 AM, imag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 27, 2012, at 10:05 AM, Arnaud Legrand wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 24/01/2012 16:21, Patrick K. wrote:
>>> - TGs/DAG => I already have a lot of generated TGs for testing in
>>> simple
>>> flat-files. I think i could load the important parameters from the
>>> files
>>> with an parser into SimGrid!?
>>
>> Jean-Noël Quintin wrote a dax loader and a dot loader. Look at
>> SD_daxload and SD_dotload in
>> http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/simgrid/3.7/doc/group__SD__simulation.html.
>> Also loot at examples/simdag/dax and examples/simdag/dot.

The DAGs/TGs that i should use has the STG-File Format described at:

http://www.kasahara.elec.waseda.ac.jp/schedule/format_e.html#withcomm

Also the Resource-Broker breaks down the Tasks in the TGs and handles
them seperately (gives them an individual start and end time,
distributes them to several Grid Resources taking account the
dependencies between the tasks).

Because of this, i think the SimDiag is not the right API for me!? I
have to do this with the MSG API, programming there the intelligence of
the Resource Broker and the SLA and the AR between the Grid Resources
and the Resource Broker. Or is there a way to load the tasks from the
TGs files with SimDiag and then moves them to a task object from the MSG
API?

Regards

Patrick