[SimGrid-user] peers with clusters

Arnaud Legrand arnaud.legrand at imag.fr
Wed Aug 21 18:23:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in answering.

Le 15/07/2013 19:06, Unknown a écrit :
> I try to make an experiment in Java, using a platform with two clusters.
> following the example on the website i do it well :-))))
> The Problem comes when i connect "peers" to the clusters by using the
> "coordinates" of the clusters :-(((((

You should not encapsulate peers within AS. Actually, they come with
their own AS and encapulating them fools the vivaldi routing. This being
said, there was indeed a bug, which prevented this to work and which I
have just fixed in commit c3b8f97d9a04b20bdf7e924d5976f93249cf1cc2.
Hopefully, this should work now. I have also updated the documentation at
http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/simgrid/3.10/doc/platform.html#pf_peer
and
http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/simgrid/3.10/doc/platform.html#pf_P2P_tags.

Please tell us whether you still have issues or not.

Best,

Recursion is the root of computation since it trades description for time.
    -- "Epigrams in Programming", by Alan J. Perlis of Yale University.