[SimGrid-user] Segmentation fault with MSG_process_killall()

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at loria.fr
Tue Mar 5 18:28:19 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 01:15:43PM -0300, wkolberg at inf.ufrgs.br wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to quickly finish a simulation by calling
> MSG_process_killall() from a host in my platform. So firstly, is it
> ok to do that?

Well, it should be okay. But we are experiencing issues when killing
processes in the middle of their communications. We're striving to fix
it all, but as you can see, it's far from being perfect. If you manage
to dig a bit further and propose a fix to the issue you raised, that
would be very welcomed. I won't be able to dig into it myself before
another month, I fear. Good thing that SimGrid is a now free software
enjoying a large community of power users ;)

At the very least, please open a bug with a reduced example allowing
to reproduce the problem so that we don't forget about it. Then, if
you are in a hurry, why don't you stop your simulation with a exit(0)
in your code? That's brutal but effective...

Bye, Mt.

--
This paper is original, well written and fully matches the topic, but
its subject is so boring that I strongly recommend its rejection.