[SimGrid-user] IPM with SIMGRID

RAMAMONJISOA, CHARLES EMILE C.RAMAMONJISOA at AFDB.ORG
Thu Nov 7 19:56:14 CET 2013

Hi Lucas.
Thanks for your reply.
I have uploaded 2 trace files as requested. Please follow the following links to download :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/reso8abqijtqrk9/smpi_simgrid.traceA.gz
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyowyz28mh14hkt/smpi_simgrid.traceS.gz

Thank you
Regards
CE
________________________________
De : Lucas M. Schnorr [schnorr at inf.ufrgs.br]
Envoyé : jeudi 7 novembre 2013 11:11
À : simgrid-user at lists.gforge.inria.fr; RAMAMONJISOA, CHARLES EMILE
Objet : Re: [SimGrid-user] IPM with SIMGRID

Hi Charles,

On 11/07/2013 06:22 AM, RAMAMONJISOA, CHARLES EMILE wrote:
I am coming back on this issue. As per your advice, I’ve used the –cfg and –trace-resource directives with smpirun and I have got the trace file. And then, I have also finally installed Pajé and VITE on my virtual machine but unfortunately, despite I have increased to 12 Gb the memory of my machine, I cannot display and visualize the trace file content. With Pajé, the screen (and all menus) are frozen and with VITE, I can access very slowly some of the menu options but the display screen remains unreadable.

Paje is known to have problems regarding scalability, that's why we started developing PajeNG but we are lacking man-power right now. I don't know much about how Vite scales, but it should be better than Paje.

How big is your trace file? Can you make it available somewhere?

An alternative is to use pj_dump [1] to have a CSV-based trace file and then generate the gantt-charts yourself, with R for example, or calculate statistics from the data.

Best,
Lucas

[1]: https://github.com/schnorr/pajeng/wiki/pj_dump