[SimGrid-user] Installing Simgrid

Martin Quinson martin.quinson at ens-rennes.fr
Sat Feb 13 09:38:29 CET 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 03:06:48PM +0000, Awsaf Rahman wrote:
> Hello! I have been trying to install SMPI using the simgrid.jar executable file that is listed as a stable version on the downloads page. Unfortunately, clicking on the jar file doesn't do anything. Is there another way I can install Simgrid? Please help me out if anyone has faced similar issues and were able to solve it.

Hello,

you have to go for the C installation (under linux or Mac OSX) to
benefit of SMPI. The jar file cannot study MPI applications, but only
algorithms written with our dedicated API.

See http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/tutorials/simgrid-smpi-101.pdf
and http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/tutorials/simgrid-use-101.pdf

Thanks, Mt.

--
A theory is falsifiable [(and therefore scientific) only] if the
class of its potential falsifiers is not empty.