[SimGrid-user] Scheduling Distributed with SimGrid

Bruno Moura brunomourapaz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:18:43 CEST 2017

Hello SimGrid team,

I'm trying to devise a distributed approach to the work I've been working
on, so I know I'll have to use the new S4U, or MSG.

In the initial phase of the work, a fuzzy system was developed to treat the
uncertainties in the computational power and communication cost variables,
generating as output the priority of each machine to receive the tasks.

To apply the priority obtained with the fuzzy system I made use of the MSG
API and I elaborated some platforms using as base app-masterworker_d.xml.

Now I want to apply the distributed approach to the proposed solution and
the question that arises is: How in SimGrid should I apply it? In the
design of the platform placing other hosts as master in the platform
definition file, or directly in the design of the algorithm.

Any examples you can use as a basis?

Thanks,

Bruno Moura Paz de Moura